What's new

Who's upgrading from Surface RT to Surface 2?

I'm going to upgrade to the Surface2 RT. I have had the original Surface RT 32GB since the release date and have found it to be as useful when I travel as any of the laptops I've owned with the added bonus of being very portable. My wife wants a Surface so she'll get the 32GB and I'll order a 64GB with the back-lit type cover. BTW - I checked with Surface Support and the original Touch and Type keyboards will work on the Surface 2, so you could save a few $ if you don't want the back-lit KB.

oion

I'm going to upgrade to the Surface2 RT. I have had the original Surface RT 32GB since the release date and have found it to be as useful when I travel as any of the laptops I've owned with the added bonus of being very portable. My wife wants a Surface so she'll get the 32GB and I'll order a 64GB with the back-lit type cover. BTW - I checked with Surface Support and the original Touch and Type keyboards will work on the Surface 2, so you could save a few $ if you don't want the back-lit KB.

The preorder price on Type 2 and the retail price on original Type are currently the same. Hopefully after the new versions of everything are released, MS will drop the prices on the original accessories, especially around the holiday season. I do like the original Type quite a bit, so I'm waiting to see how the Type2 actually feels. Buying an old Touch cover is the only way to get the color options without going full Type, though.