What's new

Who's getting one?

BerryAl

You just described upgrading to the SP3 except for the GPU....
Yeah I know hahaha, even heat though? I mainly meant improvements upon the SP3, so just loads of improvements on the SP2. But yeah true, a Surface Pro 3 would be excellent for me, but I just can't justify the purchase considering its so soon after my SP2 and also the processor is the same.

Will hopefully get an SP4 otherwise an SP5 for sure. Depends how the SP4 goes.

GoGoDelicious

If the only changes in the SP4 is the addition of LTE 4G I am buying it. Even is all the other specs are the same. I currently have the SP3 i7/512GB and the fact that it lacks LTE is a bummer. I bought it knowing that it lacked 4G and I do not regret my decision but I REALLY wish it had LTE.
In fact within the last year I purchased a total of 3 for my employees. We're moving away from an all Apple organization consisting of Mac Books, Mac Book Pro's, Mac Mini's, iPhones and iPads. All of these are currently being replaced with SP3's and hopefully SP4's in the not to distant future along with Lumia Phones.

Just mt 2 cents.

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Why not just tether to your smartphone? I don't see the point in tablets with 4G... just another bill to pay.

Maybe jumping the gun a bit here lol, but what do people think 2016/2017 holds for Microsoft? I'm thinking as this is coming so late in the year, they might skip a new release next year... hopefully meaning a Surface Pro 5 in 2017 (which is when I'll be getting a replacement for mine)

macmee

I'll either buy my third Surface or my third iPad (pro). I'm just standing by the sidelines seeing what each one brings to the table.

Kif

I don't see myself buying a SP4. My Surface Pro 3 is just humming along and can't picture a must have feature in the SP4. The rumors or a higher resolution screen or larger form factor don't interest me. A processor bump is always nice but not worth the cash.

GoGoDelicious

Why not just tether to your smartphone? I don't see the point in tablets with 4G... just another bill to pay.

Maybe jumping the gun a bit here lol, but what do people think 2016/2017 holds for Microsoft? I'm thinking as this is coming so late in the year, they might skip a new release next year... hopefully meaning a Surface Pro 5 in 2017 (which is when I'll be getting a replacement for mine)
I don't see the point in carrying a phone if my tablet had 4G. Just another bill to pay. I do not own a cell phone and thus I do not carry one. I do carry my SP3 around for presentations, meetings, etc. When I am off work I COMPLETELY disconnect. No need for a mobile.

grumpy

I'll consider an SP4 only if it outperforms my SP2 under sustained usage (better not be fanless). And even then, I will probably wait several months for the bugs to be worked out...

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't see the point in carrying a phone if my tablet had 4G. Just another bill to pay. I do not own a cell phone and thus I do not carry one. I do carry my SP3 around for presentations, meetings, etc. When I am off work I COMPLETELY disconnect. No need for a mobile.

This is a work thing per your post elsewhere yet you say you use iphones at work then sy you dint have a phone. Im a little confused