What's new

which sp4 for me

manicc

Hello everybody, I'm about to buy me a sp4, but I don't know if I will choose the sp4 i5 4gb or the m3 model.
Is there a real difference between the two?
On youtube there are many games played with the 8gb version of the sp4, but I can't spend so much.
Do you think that for exemple GTA V in low res will be played better with the i5 4gb or the m3?
Will I see a lot of difference with the frames per second?
There is a 100€ difference in France where I come from, but does it worth it a i5 4gb?

thank you for helping me in my choice!

have a nice day and merry Xmas to all!

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

If you want to be as certain as you can that your game performance will be suitable then the i5 would be the way to go. You don't want to get caught short. There absolutely is a substantial difference between the 2. Especially in games and video performance.

Hello everybody, I'm about to buy me a sp4, but I don't know if I will choose the sp4 i5 4gb or the m3 model.
Is there a real difference between the two?
On youtube there are many games played with the 8gb version of the sp4, but I can't spend so much.
Do you think that for exemple GTA V in low res will be played better with the i5 4gb or the m3?
Will I see a lot of difference with the frames per second?
There is a 100€ difference in France where I come from, but does it worth it a i5 4gb?

thank you for helping me in my choice!

have a nice day and merry Xmas to all!

The Surface Pro 4 is not ideal for gaming by any means but yes the m3 model would completely stumble under GTAV loads even at low settings. I have the i7 and can only play a handful of modern games on low settings.

Zkyevolved

I completely agree. the SP4 is NOT a gaming machine. I'm sure most games from the Windows Store will run fine, but why get a Surface to only limit yourself to the Windows Store?

I installed steam and there are games that I play that run just fine. I think for the price there are a lot of gaming laptops (that weigh a lot and are chunky like no other). You get the Surface line for portability and the touch screen, not for gaming.

The GPU and CPU of the m3 is a lot slower than the i5. The i5 is slower than the GPU and CPU of the i7. Buy accordingly. :)

Nspyr

I agree with Zkyevolved in stating that there are other gaming laptops that give you better bang for your buck. i5 seems to be the sweet spot if you plan on doing lite gaming, word processing, e-mails, lite video/photo editing. Also consider future-proofing if it's w/in your budget.