What's new

Where are all the keyboard choices that were in OS8?

bynumo

Before I upgraded to Windows 10 I had more options of keyboards layouts.
I used one for data entry of a random mix of alpha numeric info. It was a numeric pad in the center with an
alpha pad on either side. Was really efficient for rapid entry of the data I collect. Does anyone know a way
to restore that keyboard option?o_O

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The OSK split keyboard doesn't have the floating NUMPAD as the keyboard is contextual (i.e. if it is a numeric field it will default to the NUMPAD).

OP
B

bynumo

The OSK split keyboard doesn't have the floating NUMPAD as the keyboard is contextual (i.e. if it is a numeric field it will default to the NUMPAD).
That is not the keyboard I was using. The layout was as I explained earlier. I enter data that is alpha-numeric in a single cell/field. That is why that particular keyboard was so useful.

ScottyS

The handwriting input panel of the OSK in Win8 was great. I used to use it often. The new one in Win10 is terrible and I can barely use it.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
That is not the keyboard I was using. The layout was as I explained earlier. I enter data that is alpha-numeric in a single cell/field. That is why that particular keyboard was so useful.
Correct, it was the split keyboard, as I said it was replaced with the one I mentioned...