What's new

What's your SP3 meeting kit look like?

fonzman78

I'm always looking for ways to make my time at meetings and coffee shops more efficient. I don't want to have to carry a shoulder or backpack into every single meeting. Oft times I just want to grab a smaller case out of my shoulder bag and go.

I've found that the Platinum sleeve from BestBuy is great for 'grab and go'.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/platinu...83&skuId=6819343&st=pt surface case&cp=1&lp=1

The SP3 fits in it like a glove. The zipper side pocket lets me carry just the essentials.
1. Cloth for screen cleaning
2. Surface Pen
3. MiFi
4. Bluetooth Surface Arc mouse - real nice because it folds flat in the pocket
5. LG HBS-750 Bluetooth headset - real nice cuz it will pair with both the SP3 and my HTC 8x at the same time. This lets me listen to music while working and still receive calls.

All of these fit in the pocket flat making portability simple. Plus, as I mentioned, it fits into my leather shoulder bag where I keep all other items - SP3 charger, Shure 535 headphones (for real music listening), MS Sculpt Comfort mouse (for gaming), and other odds and ends.

upload_2014-7-10_15-12-58.png

I'm curious what others do. What is in your 'grab and go' and what are your 'go to' accessories that make life bearable when at Starbucks waiting for the next meeting? If there is a better option, let's hear it.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
My Meeting Bag is my SP3 with Cover and my Lumia 1520....

My mobile office includes the addition of my Tri-Fi and a Jambox Mini and potentially a PTV3000 Miracast Adapter...

benjitek

I'm always looking for ways to make my time at meetings and coffee shops more efficient...[BLAH BLAH BLAH]...
I can see needing some sort of bag to lug stuff to the coffee shop, but if you need a carrying bag for a meeting, time to rethink your tech :-(

benjitek

That Lumia is one of the most under rated phones on the market. Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak carries one and brags about it.
He's a true nerd -- carries iPhones, Windows Phones, Android phones -- a walking toy chest.

OP
F

fonzman78

I can see needing some sort of bag to lug stuff to the coffee shop, but if you need a carrying bag for a meeting, time to rethink your tech :-(

Yeah, I tend to overthink it. Thing is, I've been burned in meetings before. Customer has no Guest Wifi so no way to remote in to my demo system. Mouse because it's harder to control a demo using just the screen. Rats, now that I think about it, I probably need to add one of those multi-display adapters to connect to large displays.

Definitely need to rethink this.

WorldIRC

I'm always looking for ways to make my time at meetings and coffee shops more efficient. I don't want to have to carry a shoulder or backpack into every single meeting. Oft times I just want to grab a smaller case out of my shoulder bag and go.

I've found that the Platinum sleeve from BestBuy is great for 'grab and go'.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/platinum-sleeve-for-12-microsoft-surface-black/6819343.p?id=1219240233283&skuId=6819343&st=pt surface case&cp=1&lp=1

The SP3 fits in it like a glove. The zipper side pocket lets me carry just the essentials.
1. Cloth for screen cleaning
2. Surface Pen
3. MiFi
4. Bluetooth Surface Arc mouse - real nice because it folds flat in the pocket
5. LG HBS-750 Bluetooth headset - real nice cuz it will pair with both the SP3 and my HTC 8x at the same time. This lets me listen to music while working and still receive calls.

All of these fit in the pocket flat making portability simple. Plus, as I mentioned, it fits into my leather shoulder bag where I keep all other items - SP3 charger, Shure 535 headphones (for real music listening), MS Sculpt Comfort mouse (for gaming), and other odds and ends.

View attachment 2505

I'm curious what others do. What is in your 'grab and go' and what are your 'go to' accessories that make life bearable when at Starbucks waiting for the next meeting? If there is a better option, let's hear it.

Can it fit the AC adapter?

Laurita

Love this one from WaterField. Fits everything with room to spare. Really easy to grab and go. I did not opt for the strap, so I'm just toting it around, throwing it in my larger commuting bag. I work on a college campus, so it's nice to leave all of my junk in the office and head to meetings with just this. I leave my AC adapter at home, but with a little finagling and rearranging, it fits with all of my other junk. Zips down pretty nicely for a pretty moderate profile. I love the 90° zip, too.

• Sleeve area
    • SP3
    • type cover
  • Pocket 1 (against sleeve)
    • Lumia 1020 camera grip
    • GorillaPod
  • Pocket 2 (against sleeve)
    • external hard drive
    • micro usb cord
  • Pen pocket
  • Pocket 3 (opposite sleeve, left)
    • small pouch w/ flash drives and 6' micro USB cord
    • portable cell phone charger
  • Pocket 4 (opposite sleeve, top right)
    • fits Nokia Lumia 1020 snuggly
    • OR fits iPhone comfortably
  • Pocket 5 (opposite sleeve, bottom right)
    • notebook