What's new

What's going on ,4 hours sleep costs 20% battery

yonghong

I just got the SP3 a few days, the battery is drained so fast, mines battery only last 5 hours maximum , and this morning I charged it 100% then put SP3 in my bag ,go to work, but in 4 hours I took it out and found the battery is only 80%, what's going on I didn't use it , just put it into sleep, it costs so much power. Can somebody help me out please?

Yong

OP
Y

yonghong

BTW , when I took it out from sleeve, I felt SP3 was a little warm, and check task manager, only Microsoft windows search indexer cost 2% cpu,can I disable this services?

leeshor

Do you gave an SD card installed? If so, see if the same thing happens if you remove it. A corrupt or bad card could cause that. Possibly even the internal storage which can be easily checks with the disk tools.

OP
Y

yonghong

Do you gave an SD card installed? If so, see if the same thing happens if you remove it. A corrupt or bad card could cause that. Possibly even the internal storage which can be easily checks with the disk tools.
I do put a 4g sd card inside , I have 5 email accounts were setup by metro mail app,and I setup it when new email arrive then download it

OP
Y

yonghong

Both stand by ,4 hours in the morning (20% battery)and 3 hours in the afternoon(15%) are a little warm when I took it out from sleeve,

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Something, a driver or store application it's preventing your tablet from going into hibernation if it is consistently happening at the four hour mark as that is the time the device modes from Connected Standby to hibernation or something is preventing it from actually entering Connected Standby.
From an elevated CMD PROMPT run powercfg sleep study copy the html file from the System 32 folder and open it in IE

OP
Y

yonghong

Something, a driver or store application it's preventing your tablet from going into hibernation if it is consistently happening at the four hour mark as that is the time the device modes from Connected Standby to hibernation or something is preventing it from actually entering Connected Standby.
From an elevated CMD PROMPT run powercfg sleep study copy the html file from the System 32 folder and open it in IE
Thanks I will try it later

OP
Y

yonghong

All my system and drivers are updated, and I change wifi card to maximum performs according to the suggestion .

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
One of the issues with attempting the WiFi Work-arounds is that we don't know what the impact will be on battery life and Connected Standby. Rumor is that we should see a WiFi fix very soon from MS (maybe as soon as Tuesday which is the normal patch day).