What's new

What is the processor type for LTE version of new surface pro

Plantje

I see what you mean, but I am not sure if the part in the video where they take out the fan and replace it with an LTE module should be taken that literally.
As far as I understood the LTE and non LTE version will be more or less the same hardware wise. Battery life won't be effected that much either. Especially the first thing I don't understand. Are other devices that much different hardware wise when you compare LTE and non LTE?
Calling customer support will not work. If Microsoft doesn't present more details in official press conferences I doubt customer support will know more. I expect LTE on the whole range of Surface Pros

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I heard previously that they wont put LTE in a device with a fan period. So the imagery is accurate in that respect, fan out... LTE in, although it may not physically be in that spot. I can speculate on reasons for this such as the electrical noise created by a fan interferes with the wireless frequencies for LTE or magnetic field produced by the fan interferes with the LTE signal, etc.

toaf

I heard previously that they wont put LTE in a device with a fan period. So the imagery is accurate in that respect, fan out... LTE in, although it may not physically be in that spot. I can speculate on reasons for this such as the electrical noise created by a fan interferes with the wireless frequencies for LTE or magnetic field produced by the fan interferes with the LTE signal, etc.

I think you win the cookie

OP
A

ALI IBRAHEM

Microsoft should provide us a clear information
This subject makes the customer confused , and This may causes negatively affect to the new device sales

Plantje

I've had a 3G modem in a device with a fan. Was not an issue at all. We'll just have to wait and see...

Microsoft should provide us a clear information
This subject makes the customer confused , and This may causes negatively affect to the new device sales
Microsoft doesn't care. The device with LTE is not here yet and therefore we are not customers yet. The negative effect of not clarifying this at this point is peanuts...