What's new

What accessories do you plan to use with your Surface Pro?

jneikum

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to figure out what accessories I will want for my Surface Pro when I get it.

Here's what I have so far that I intend to use with it:
  • Belkin USB 7 Port Powered Desktop Hub F4U041
  • Gear Head KPCM4200W Wireless Keypad & Optical Mouse

Here's what I intend to get (or think I'll need)
  • Touch cover in black - I like the thought of the colors, but I wonder if the oils in my skin will discolor it. I put lotion on my hands a lot!
  • USB to Ethernet Adapter - There is no ethernet port on it, and I'll need to connect to my network at work to use the color printer
  • 64GB Micro SD Card
  • Leather Case of some kind - Probably from Amazon
  • Self-Healing Screen Protector

What are your plans and ideas?

*BTW - I posted this under PRO because I'm guessing there will be limitations on some accessories on the RT, but will still work on the PRO

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Really the only accessories limitations on the RT are the drivers. The most common ones are accounted for and we are all hoping some of the others will be expanded through updates by MS. Everything mentioned above should work with the RT :)

OP
J

jneikum

Thanks for your reply! I think the number pad will be really helpful, especially for us that use Excel regularly. Once I get to test it out in full force I'll let everyone know how it performs!

Russ

JN --

I plan to pre-order a 128GB Pro as soon as it's available. I will add the following:

* USB to Ethernet Adapter
* 64GB Micro SD Card
* Extra Charger -- one for home, one for office
* Mouse & Leather case -- to be selected by my Ladyfriend, since this unit is for her, and those tend to be items of personal preference.
* Type cover -- her preference after trying both at the MS store. (I have Touch Cover on my RT and like it just fine)

I need to check into the Screen Protector, but can't think of anything else right now.

Regards,
Russ

starLog

Going to get the 64gb version and expand with a SD card your dock suggestion is good and the USB to eth

ArnoldC

<snip>[*]Touch cover in black - I like the thought of the colors, but I wonder if the oils in my skin will discolor it. I put lotion on my hands a lot!
<snip>

The black color won't save you, I know. You'll see ugly smudges on it.

bosamar

Don't plan to purchase a Pro but if I did I'd get a microSD, Type Cover, and travel case.

OP
J

jneikum

Ugh, bummer. If I'm laying down this much money I want it to look new as long as possible. We'll have to watch for a How to clean your type cover thread soon!

OP
J

jneikum

I didn't even think about an extra charger, but I pictured myself having one. Probably because I have a cell charger in about every spare outlet of my house I forget!

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Ugh, bummer. If I'm laying down this much money I want it to look new as long as possible. We'll have to watch for a How to clean your type cover thread soon!
There are already posts about this. To summarize: Use a microfiber cloth.

OP
J

jneikum

There are already posts about this. To summarize: Use a microfiber cloth.

I found it. Thanks! Wipe with a lint-free cloth dampened in mild soap and water. Don’t apply liquids directly to Surface. Do this often to keep your Touch Cover or Type Cover looking great.