What's new

Welcome to the Surface Hub forum

leeshor

A place for discussion of the Surface Hub and its integration with other Microsoft products.

malberttoo

During the demo, I especially liked how they emphasized "one touch" to set certain actions in motion. A simple, intuitive GUI is definitely the way to go.

BillJ

Interesting how names come about in MS world...

The original Surface was/is a tabletop touch screen device that in some ways could be considered a "horizontal whiteboard". I have no idea how many have sold. Then of course, the Surface became a tablet PC.

We now have another product called Surface Hub. Evidently MS is not concerned about the dozens of us who are familiar with the MUI app for the SP3 of the same name. I am not offended, just a bit amused.

I think an intelligent, electronic whiteboard that integrates with OneNote is a wonderful idea, and promises to be an elegant solution for improving meeting productivity in business. I wish they had thought of it sooner.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting how names come about in MS world...

The original Surface was/is a tabletop touch screen device that in some ways could be considered a "horizontal whiteboard". I have no idea how many have sold. Then of course, the Surface became a tablet PC.

We now have another product called Surface Hub. Evidently MS is not concerned about the dozens of us who are familiar with the MUI app for the SP3 of the same name. I am not offended, just a bit amused.

I think an intelligent, electronic whiteboard that integrates with OneNote is a wonderful idea, and promises to be an elegant solution for improving meeting productivity in business. I wish they had thought of it sooner.
Yeah, it's not like Microsoft to reuse, rename, or repurpose names of products. Perhaps we should send them a Thesaurus and a Book of Names :)

Hub - Nucleus, Nerve Center, Cynosure, Omphalos, Navel, Umbilicus, ..., ... Centre. already I like some of these better as a product name than the diminutive Hub.

Tsurugaya

Wonder what pricing will be like? Believe there was a time when people parted with $4 000 for an underpowered laptop, I might buy a Surface Hub for that price

CrippsCorner

I'm sure the name is used on purpose to link to the Surface line we all know and love... it is after, just a bigger version! I wish they'd just release a Microsoft branded monitor/TV; I don't really need all the other gubbins.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure the name is used on purpose to link to the Surface line we all know and love... it is after, just a bigger version! I wish they'd just release a Microsoft branded monitor/TV; I don't really need all the other gubbins.
There's nothing wrong with using Surface as a brand ... Surface Pro, Surface Hub, ... RT/2 is a candidate for a brand sub-name. :) i.e is it the Surface <number/numeral>? It's "Hub" I don't care for and they of course already had a Surface Hub which is an application. D'oh!

They need to go back to school and learn how to do branding and marketing all over again because that is and has been one of their greatest weaknesses for a long time. The painfully cumbersome naming and renaming of products and services is frankly laughable. Although Bob made a lot of sense. :)

OP
leeshor

leeshor

There's nothing wrong with using Surface as a brand ... Surface Pro, Surface Hub, ... RT/2 is a candidate for a brand sub-name. :) i.e is it the Surface <number/numeral>? It's "Hub" I don't care for and they of course already had a Surface Hub which is an application. D'oh!

They need to go back to school and learn how to do branding and marketing all over again because that is and has been one of their greatest weaknesses for a long time. The painfully cumbersome naming and renaming of products and services is frankly laughable. Although Bob made a lot of sense. :)
29.gif

vxm

I'd love to have Bob give me weather forecast. Better yet, Baldrick from Rowan Atkinson's Blackadder series: "sir, I have a cunning plan..."