What's new

Weird Behavior after fresh start

So, I've noticed a weird behavior couple of times with my new SP3.

After booting from being shutdown, when launching IE immediately from the start screen, the tablet becomes unresponsive. Can't close IE or bring up the charm bar. The power button does respond so I can push it and the screen goes black. But when I wake it up, screen is still blank and nothing will respond. I have to shut it down and reboot to get it working.

Anyone else noticed this type of behavior? :confused:

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Your new SP3 may be in the middle of surgery (updates, especially firmware) and you should just let it stay under.

When you get windows of consciousness, check update history under PC Settings / Update/Restore to confirm the updates.

OP
N

next_milenium

Your new SP3 may be in the middle of surgery (updates, especially firmware) and you should just let it stay under.

When you get windows of consciousness, check update history under PC Settings / Update/Restore to confirm the updates.

That's what I thought initially but I've had mine about a month now and am up to date with firmware/updates.

I also have the Windows update set to "check but let me do download and update".

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Oh. Never mind, then.

Time for a "refresh" from that PC Settings menu. And malwarebytes would be a good idea, too.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
What Antivirus are you running?
When this unresponsiveness occurs do you have any chance of firing up Task Manager or Resource Monitor to see what's what. Some process is likely hogging the resources... Yes, a Refresh (Hail Mary) might fix it.

OP
N

next_milenium

Oh. Never mind, then.

Time for a "refresh" from that PC Settings menu. And malwarebytes would be a good idea, too.
What Antivirus are you running?
When this unresponsiveness occurs do you have any chance of firing up Task Manager or Resource Monitor to see what's what. Some process is likely hogging the resources... Yes, a Refresh (Hail Mary) might fix it.

I'm running Windows Defender for AV. Last night, the weird behavior didn't happen even though I did the exact same thing (boot up then launch IE immediately) so I'm not sure what's causing this but will keep an eye on it before I do a the dreaded refresh.