What's new

Webcam

mmc

Does anyone know if the camera "tilts" and stays locked on a person's face when the screen is tilted down in a drafting position?? The use case is in a Skype of Business meeting and being able to screen share and draw on the "surface" while people still see the person's face.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt it from what we've seen. Probably best just to use a phone or tablet for the skype call (or have a surface for the drawing.

Out of interest, what are you drawing while having a skype meeting? I can't draw at the best of times, let alone when my concentration is elsewhere.

OP
M

mmc

I doubt it from what we've seen. Probably best just to use a phone or tablet for the skype call (or have a surface for the drawing.

Out of interest, what are you drawing while having a skype meeting? I can't draw at the best of times, let alone when my concentration is elsewhere.

Let's call it a poor man's Surface Hub for 1 person. I draw everything in meetings from network diagrams to process flows to brainstorming sessions where you toss everything on a wall. I've lost some of that ease now that I telecommute and I thought about the smaller Surface Hub, but just too much money to justify (more so after the price increase).

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let's call it a poor man's Surface Hub for 1 person. I draw everything in meetings from network diagrams to process flows to brainstorming sessions where you toss everything on a wall. I've lost some of that ease now that I telecommute and I thought about the smaller Surface Hub, but just too much money to justify (more so after the price increase).

Ah, I understand now. When I hear drawing, I just assume arty. I think that inking in that kind of remote context would require 2 devices. The same issue would apply to any surface product. Would definitely be cool if a company could create an integrated webcam that had the option to gimbal.