What's new

Was having issues with SP4 walked out with SB

ElCamino78s

Was having issues with my Surface Pro 4 i5 128GB that I picked up last week. Keyboard wouldn't connect all the time, had to do the pull off and reinsert keyboard several times. USB port at times would disconnect my external drive when transferring pictures. The latest Firmware would not install, so I setup a visit to the Microsoft Store to have them check out the SP4. The technician tried every possible way to install the Firmware and no go. Then the touch screen stopped working. After trying for about an hour, he said he was going to swap out the Surface Pro 4 for another one. Had a heck of a time, but I really like the customer service at the Microsoft Store. Always purchase at the store.

Well... as we are walking out with new replaced Surface Pro 4, we stopped to take a look at the Surface Book that was on display. There was only one and several people lined up to give it a try. I thought I would try it, from what I had heard was that the Surface Book was sold out. Well, one of the guys that was testing it and talking to the Microsoft employee he asked if they had them in stock. Employee said yes and which one did he want between the i7 256GB or 512GB Surface Book. I was surprised to hear that they had some in stock. So gave it a good test for about an hour, testing the keyboard typing, how light the clipboard part is, the keyboard dock very light, and how well I could use it. Long story short purchased the i7 256GB version! This should work perfect with Cyberlink Director 14, Adobe Elements Première 14 and Elements 14. I had been using these with the SP3 and started using them with the SP4 which didn't get much time test due to not working. Now my wife will take over the Surface Pro 4 and I have the Surface Book... This is a great laptop / tablet. I will miss the long battery life of the Surface Pro 4 from just the display part, I use it quite a bit to take notes but will figure a way to use it. On the plus side, I hear that battery life if around 12 hours for the Surface Book?

leeshor

Great story, but it sounds like you may have had the other people standing in line to try the Book a little ticked off. ;);)

OP
E

ElCamino78s

Great story, but it sounds like you may have had the other people standing in line to try the Book a little ticked off. ;);)

Yeah it was kind of having someone looking over your shoulder. But I was trying to be as quick as possible. This Surface Book is amazing! Really glad I got it. Never thought I would have picked one up.