What's new

waking up at random

John_D.

Actually - that's not quite true.

As the OPK is designed for a manufacturers product (in this case, Microsoft, as any other OPK build for any other manufacturer), Microsoft does test and certify for the platform specific driver. Depending on the relationship with that component manufacturer, they can also define abilities within that driver set that are custom to their platform (in this case Surface series) - and test to that level of performance. In short - the Surface Series is a Microsoft hardware platform as are HP laptops, Dell, laptops, etc. are to HP, Dell, etc.

For example - simply look at the Microsoft certified driver for the Intel 4000 or 4400. Certainly you yourself are intimately aware of the differences between the Microsoft Certified Version and the non-OEM Intel version.

GoodBytes

There is testing... and there is testing...
Microsoft trust the manufacture testing. Yes they test in their side as well, but not any in depth testing. If Microsoft really tested everything and only certified the good one, we would still have no Win10 drivers today for most of our hardware.

John_D.

Just as an aside - there was a firmware update for my SP2 I just downloaded (not that I had a choice ;) ) - and it, so far, addressed the random wake. As well - in the device manager - there is only 1 mouse and 1 keyboard, where previously there were two of each.

Hope this helps the others who own an SP2 and searching for a solution.