What's new

Video issues when using headphones

John Hopkins

I watch video tutorials on my Surface Go, but when I plug in any headphones the video stops and gives me an error code. If I remove the phones and Refresh the page it works as normal

Error message:
Playback ID: 4ckNlhOK3mcSBXH7

Can someone help me, please, because my wife won't let me watch these tutorials without the headphones

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I watch video tutorials on my Surface Go, but when I plug in any headphones the video stops and gives me an error code. If I remove the phones and Refresh the page it works as normal

Error message:
Playback ID: 4ckNlhOK3mcSBXH7

Can someone help me, please, because my wife won't let me watch these tutorials without the headphones
Can you give us more details on the situation? Are these videos consumed via a browser or app ? Are you still using Windows 10 S Mode?

Without additional info, are you fully updated? These playback errors are typically caused by HDCP compatibility

OP
J

John Hopkins

Please don't speak in computer talk because I'm ignorant about how these things work - I just use them. Generally they are videos from YouTube. Yes I am using Windows 10 which was how the Surface came. It was a Christmas present and I have no idea how to change anything

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Please don't speak in computer talk because I'm ignorant about how these things work - I just use them. Generally they are videos from YouTube. Yes I am using Windows 10 which was how the Surface came. It was a Christmas present and I have no idea how to change anything
Cool...that is the information I needed

Click on the start button and click on the Gear Icon -

upload_2019-2-8_11-54-53.png

That opens PC Settings....now click Update and Security

upload_2019-2-8_11-56-13.png

Now run Windows Update

upload_2019-2-8_11-57-9.png

Install any update and restart as needed...