What's new

Very dissapointed with Surface 2

nucu.sandu

Helo:
I need help with my Surface 2 tablet.
I discover that the RT windows doesn't worth because of a lot of issues:
The most importe is the use of sharing files: you need another Windows on LAN in order to see the files on a server. This is very bad, I have a NAS and I need to see files and the ony files I can see are those from media server.
Another one: very few aplications : no decent free media player. I need an aplication for a NAS synology and Surface is the only one with no aplication. Inclusive windows mobile has one.
Another isue: bluetooth unstable - it forgets all the time the device, I have to delete and pair again every time.
Another one - impossible to connect with a wireless display.
Any one can help?
Thank you

A

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have only used one wireless display with the Surface 2 although I saw an article about a similar device that worked fine. I'm using the Netgear Push2TV PTV3000. Worked right out of the box with no issues.

OP
nucu.sandu

nucu.sandu

Yes, but I was expected it to function. Is there any list of TVs compatibles? My TV is samsung LED50 UE50H6400AWXXC.
Also have big problem with tho bluetooth, I have to pair it always although this doesn't happens with another devices.

jollywombat

From the limited information I can find about that TV and its capabilities, it looks like it should work, but they may indeed be using some sort of proprietary link for it for samsung products, will not give an actual specification as to what they are using to do it.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
What Bluetooth device? how many devices is it paired with? how many are in range at once?