What's new

USB 3.0 hub on sp3?

puma

Can anyone recommend a USB 3 hub they are using for connecting the sp3 with a keyboard, mouse, monitor?

I am using a hub right now with the ethernet adapter, keyboard and mouse and I am getting some ports going dark here and there. I think I need something a little better. It's just the hub built into the dell ultrasharp monitor.

Thanks!

tuchas

Can anyone recommend a USB 3 hub they are using for connecting the sp3 with a keyboard, mouse, monitor?

I am using a hub right now with the ethernet adapter, keyboard and mouse and I am getting some ports going dark here and there. I think I need something a little better. It's just the hub built into the dell ultrasharp monitor.

Thanks!

Try this one. It's pricey but works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Display-Unive...1403881302&sr=1-16&keywords=anker+hub+usb+3.0

bkydcmpr

I would not spend $119 on those third party hubs when sp3 dock is at $199, unless if there are some compact powerless USB 3.0 hub actually work.

tuchas

I would not spend $119 on those third party hubs when sp3 dock is at $199, unless if there are some compact powerless USB 3.0 hub actually work.

I already had the Anker one that I was using with another laptop, and it works just fine with the SP3.

OP
P

puma

Well I am not looking for anything for the monitor. I just need 3 usb ports off the sp3.
I tried the plugable, but the cpu was at 20% at all times with it. So I removed it. I even downloaded the latest drivers.

mohcho

Well I am not looking for anything for the monitor. I just need 3 usb ports off the sp3.
I tried the plugable, but the cpu was at 20% at all times with it. So I removed it. I even downloaded the latest drivers.

Strange. My DisplayLinkManager only uses about 0.2-0.5% of the CPU. It fluctuates but it doesn't go up that high.

bkydcmpr

good to know that one doesn't work well even with external power. I'll just go with the official dock if I need more ports, the dock uses the secret mystery power connector pins.

jimkraz

I have a Inatek round USB3 4 port powered hub on my Surface Pro, works fine, Inateck 360-Degree Interface Mini Design Portable USB 3.0 4-Port Hub with 5V 4A Power Adapter and 3ft USB 3.0 Cable in amazon.co.uk