What's new

Solved Unable to close apps top right corner

strongseas

Hi guys thanks for the add.
Have a surface pro 3 and have a recent issue. ... whenever I open up a document in reader, or open up a video the title and the close/minimize bar will briefly appear at the top of the screen then disappear.
When using the mouse or touch screen at the top right of the screen the close option no longer appears, the only way I can close the program is to hit the windows button and return to the desktop.
Any ideas how i can get the close program option to appear again at the top right of the screen?
A big thanks in advance!

guymalloc

If you're still using Windows 8 or 8.1, to close an app you touch the top of the screen until the bar appears, then slide the window down 'till it flips, and then slide down the rest of the way. If you return to the desktop, use task manager to stop any open apps.

OP
S

strongseas

That method doesn't seem to work either? I held my finger at the top of the screen for some time but the title bar never appears.
I generally use the arc mouse all the time, it used to be just a simple matter of moving the cursor to the top right of screen and clicking X to close the app, now that option has recently disappeared.
The only way to currently close any app is via the windows key back to desktop then right clicking the open app in the taskbar.

System is still windows 8.1

OP
S

strongseas

Turned out the start button was also not available with the mouse either, would only work by pressing it with a finger.
Found the solution on another site..
Opened task manager and ended task for windows explorer
File/run new task/windows.exe.

System is back to normal.