What's new

UK Surface 2 / Surface Pro 2 availability (John Lewis)

Timmy bolt

Just a heads up, I am looking to buy a surface pro 2 tablet and spoken to john Lewis who have confirmed they will be stocking the surface tablets "as close to the release date as possible, although we cannot confirm when this will be".

I would very much recommend waiting for these guys rather than ordering direct. For anyone that is unaware, john Lewis provide an additional year warranty on ALL tablets (so 2 years), which on one of these where you cannot change the battery, is worth a lot!! And anyone that knows john Lewis knows they are very much a company that will honour this without too much fuss.

Just thought I'd share, I'm not affiliated with them at all.

kristalsoldier

Don't some Waitrose places have a John Lewis sections? If this is so, then the Waitrose near my place which has such a section does not stock the Surface. They only stock iOS, Kindle and Android tablets, but they do seem to have a selection of Win 8 laptops. No Surface of any kind though.

OP
T

Timmy bolt

Don't some Waitrose places have a John Lewis sections? If this is so, then the Waitrose near my place which has such a section does not stock the Surface. They only stock iOS, Kindle and Android tablets, but they do seem to have a selection of Win 8 laptops. No Surface of any kind though.

Waitrose is just the supermarket business of john Lewis, they are one and the same. Must not stock it due to size of the shop. Can always get it online mind. They were the first uk third party sellers of the original surface's after all.

k999rrl

Just a heads up, I am looking to buy a surface pro 2 tablet and spoken to john Lewis who have confirmed they will be stocking the surface tablets "as close to the release date as possible, although we cannot confirm when this will be".

I would very much recommend waiting for these guys rather than ordering direct. For anyone that is unaware, john Lewis provide an additional year warranty on ALL tablets (so 2 years), which on one of these where you cannot change the battery, is worth a lot!! And anyone that knows john Lewis knows they are very much a company that will honour this without too much fuss.

Just thought I'd share, I'm not affiliated with them at all.

warranty only cover faulty product i dont think battery count if it is working fine

CrippsCorner

Unfortunately my local Waitrose don't sell Surface products either... loads of Apple stuff though! Kinda annoying. At least they had a decent display in Currys.