What's new

UK pre-orders, when do they generally arrive?

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
We've had some confusion over when pre-orders arrive for SP3-s (see this thread). On MS site it says 5-7 days delivery time. I was told 3-5 days AFTER the release date by online chat last night, but I've called twice to the UK help number (probably actually a europe wide number judging by the accents) and both times been told that my SP3 would be delivered ON or before (or BY) 28th if it's in stock at the warehouse (I got her to check and there was stock available of what I wanted).

So those of you who preordered SP1/2 and other Surface products when did you receive your items? ON or before or after the release date???

malberttoo

I don't know how it works in the UK, but in the US, most folks were receiving their order the day of release, excepting any boondoggles with shipping snafu's, etc. My colleague received his i7 the day before "official" release.

CrippsCorner

I *think* mine arrived a few days after release date... can't be completely sure though! Delivery seems to be one of Microsoft's better aspects though imo.

frustin

money was taken from my credit card yesterday. my friend had the same message.

website states that it will only be taken on dispatch, however postage is 5-7 business days.

UPDATE: just spoke to Microsoft sales:
"We do not charge the card until a couple days until the item is released to make sure you have enough funds for the item so we can be ready to ship this out for you so your Surface will be shipped out on the 28th."

Last edited:
OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
UPDATE: just spoke to Microsoft sales:
"We do not charge the card until a couple days until the item is released to make sure you have enough funds for the item so we can be ready to ship this out for you so your Surface will be shipped out on the 28th."

Which is NOT what I was told when I reordered on the phone for delivery to my work place (as I'm away next week) I got her to double check and she specifically said if in stock it's be delivered BY 28th...I also got her to double check stock too on my order.... So I hope that the person who told you is wrong.... Lol

Australian orders seem to be shipping already so I'm hopeful I'll get a despatch email soon, if not I'll be very upset....

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't got an email yet :-(
Hope either it or the email will come tomorrow though (or if not on Friday).