What's new

Type cover trackpad button noises

Viking

Hi all,

Just signed up to get some insight/assistance with something on my SP2. Back story: I bought and repaired a surface pro 1 several months ago. I bought a type cover 2 with the back lighting for it and installed Windows 10. When I click the left/right buttons on the trackpad, I get a confirmation click noise, which is great for low light situations.

So about 2 weeks ago a friend of mine gives me his surface pro 2 with a black type cover 2, that had a dead SSD in it. I fixed that one, installed Windows 10 etc. but on the SP2, I don't get any clicking noise when the left/right buttons are pressed. I tried both keyboards and they both click for the SP1, but not for the SP2.
Does anyone know how to get that noise to work on the SP2?

DNP

Thanks for the heads up...never knew there were touchpad sounds until now.

I was able to activate the Type Cover 2 touchpad sounds by the following steps:

Swipe the right edge to open the "Action Center">All Settings>Ease of Access>Keyboard>Toggle Keys (On/Off)

HTH

David

OP
V

Viking

Thanks for the heads up...never knew there were touchpad sounds until now.

I was able to activate the Type Cover 2 touchpad sounds by the following steps:

Swipe the right edge to open the "Action Center">All Settings>Ease of Access>Keyboard>Toggle Keys (On/Off)

HTH

David

Hey David,

I tried what you suggested, but it didn't turn on the left/right track pad buttons noises for me. If you can think of anything else, let me know.

Thanks,

Clayton