What's new

Type cover stops responding.. alt tab fixes it?

Mikewired

I have noticed lately when my type cover quits responding I alt tab to another screen, then alt tab back and it works again.

nipponham

That's strange. You mean to say that your keyboard doesn't respond yet the alt and tab keys work? When my keyboard stops being recognized, the only keys that work are the backlight keys.

everalm

Quick question, have you cleaned the contacts and blown out the keyboard connector slot?

I have found mine to be a bit of a dust magnet and one occasion where the keyboard started to be a little intermittent found it was due to crud.

If you have a slightly unstable connection on the left hand side of the connectors, and if your keyboard is in the elevated not flat position, ALT-TAB 'ing may flex the contacts on the keyboard on the left enough to clear and reconnect. YMMV

Aeron15

Mine does this sometimes. I don't know what triggers it. It happens when it's coming from sleep. It was either when I attach it while it was sleeping or detach it while sleeping. I can't remember. It's easily fixed so I didn't bother