What's new

Type Cover problem

waysco

SP2 running 8.1. My wife does a lot of work with photos and facebook. Whenever she uploads photos, the type cover starts behaving weird. For instance, if she hits just the T key you get a new tab. When she hits the G key the favorites window shows up. S key brings up Save As. Z key brings up a word that was erased. All this without hitting any other key. My first thought was that another key might be defective or broken but I couldn't find some of these keys as being shortcut keys. The Pro 2 was recently restored back to 8.1 after a failed win 10 upload. Other than when she works on photos, the type cover works normally. I need ideas.

Gainiac

As I know Ctrl + S is Save as and Ctrl + Z restores the last deleted word. So I think that your Ctrl key is defective. Do you have a chance to test another Type Cover on the surface?

OP
W

waysco

I'll have to take it to the local MS store to try another cover. I did discover that when I went to open MS Word, it gave me a message that the Ctrl key was depressed, which it wasn't, so I too think the keyboard is the problem. Thanks for your response.