What's new

Type cover issue with MUI Skype?

kzxt

I got my SP3 with the type cover for relatively less than 3 weeks now and it seems to me like whenever I press the enter key (from type cover) during conversation, it will intermittently create a new line (shift + enter) rather then sending it to the conversation.

Is this happening to anyone out there as well? I have contacted Microsoft about it and they said it's not the type cover issue but the Skype itself.. I couldn't replicate the issue with an external mechanical keyboard plugged into the Surface, which was weird enough.

Last edited:

logger

Looks like MUI Skype is dead. It gave me a notification that they are disabling it on Windows based devices in a few days if not already. Had to install the desktop version. Now the bios boot process on my SP3 takes over 2 minutes instead of 5 seconds. Great :-(

malberttoo

Looks like MUI Skype is dead. It gave me a notification that they are disabling it on Windows based devices in a few days if not already. Had to install the desktop version. Now the bios boot process on my SP3 takes over 2 minutes instead of 5 seconds. Great :-(

Yes, Metro Skype is indeed dead.

Although, my SP3 boots as fast as it ever has...

logger

My mistake. My boot mojo has returned. Must have been caused by something else. Skype metro was pretty dud anyway.