What's new

Type Cover 2 spacebar types large spaces.

njqn

Hi everyone, I recently bought a new type cover 2 to replace my type cover 1. I have been using it for awhile and I noticed that my space bar occasionally types large spaces suddenly even though I wasn't pressing on the space bar for long. I am not sure if I had accidentally pressed onto the space bar, but I'm sure I wasn't pressing on it for long.

Can anyone advise on whether it's because my space bar is very sensitive or is there something wrong with it? The keyboard works fine other than that little quirk but it gets annoying when I'm typing a report/essay.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Does this happen in all applications, or only in whatever program you are using to type your report/essay?

It could be:
1) Indeed, a bad type cover, because it happens in all apps, or
2) The word processing app you have is trying to help you by correcting spelling and automatically dding spaces between words.

OP
N

njqn

It happens on chrome and word. The spaces are really large. It can be as large as maybe 20 spaces. It just happened between my second and third sentence, except it doesn't show up.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Me thinks you have a bad keyboard - space bar problem.

Could you test on someone else's computer? Or test in a store, just to know whether it is your computer or keyboard?