What's new

Transfer apps to SSD drive

Ybourget

How to transfer apps from "c" drive to a ssd drive like photos and files. When we by an app it automatically install on the "C" drive of the tablet ans we don't have the possibility to trans fer it to a ssd drive via parameters.

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

My guess is that you are talking about a microSD card, not an SSD drive. The short answer is that if you have one and the program allows you to select the drive to install the program what you are aski8ng can be done. That has little to do with photos and files directly but they also can be stored in external storage.

Be aware that even if the program has the ability to install to a different drive some space will still be used on C for support files.

To directly address one point you made, you can't transfer apps.

OP
Y

Ybourget

Yes, it's a ssd card. When I install a program I have this opportunity, but not when I by an app from the store. With Android we have this possibility to install an app on the main drive or in the ssd card. When I go to properties and storage, "the new app will be registry at:" the possible selection is only "This PC". Do we have a possibility to change it to ssd card ?

leeshor

Windows doesn't work the same as Android and even then only select apps that were designed to be movable would work on Android.

Your option may be to uninstall an app then when installing it again select the external storage. Not all apps can do that in Windows either.

I don't have a problem with using a card or an external drive. I load my music to an sd card, then play it on the S3 with the Music Bee program.

I use an external drive for larger files - photos, documents, etc, - by plugging it in, opening a new window (one for the S#, one for the external) and just drag-and-drop from the S3 to the external. The external is also used on my (Acer) desktop so is compatible.