What's new

Touchscreen not working

pbsawyer0

I seem to have gotten their attention by tweeting and Facebooking them how bad their customer service is, bit havent got an answer out of them yet. I'm a businessman with a law degree that's in between jobs (nothing better to do)so I think they'll cave in soon

Well..I turned my surface off 5 days ago and today I turned it back on and touch is suddenly working again. I have no clue what happened. Now I am scared about what will happen when I turn it off or when battery dies next time..

@pbsawyer0 any news on your side?

Kbstrauss

I have the same issue! I bought mine at end of April and touchscreen stopped working a few weeks ago after an update. Nothing works. I think tweeting about Microsoft not helping is a good idea.. It's the best way to get their attention

pbsawyer0

Well..I turned my surface off 5 days ago and today I turned it back on and touch is suddenly working again. I have no clue what happened. Now I am scared about what will happen when I turn it off or when battery dies next time..

@pbsawyer0 any news on your side?
Sorry for the late response.. I meant to reply to you that day and forgot. I did a good amount of bitching and then took it in to the Microsoft store. They did a soft reset (even though I did 1000 of them and a full factory reset) and it started working again. Took it home and it stopped working a couple days later. Took it back to the Microsoft store in the mall twice and bitched at them (since I could not get any customer service through the phone). Told them that I sure as hell wasn't going to buy a new one (b/c they kept trying to pitch a new one) if mine barely lasted 13 months and they finally swapped it out with a brand new one for free..

How's yours doing? Is it still working alright or did it go back out? If it went out again, and if you have a Microsoft store nearby, take it there! I actually purchased mine at Staples but the Microsoft store actually replaced it after the warranty.. I was very surprised to be honest..

It worked well for some time and then the touch went dead again. Since it was out of warranty I sold it to a friend for a low amount of money. He said, he did not need the touch, he was satisfied with type cover and a mouse. After that I bought a SP3.

Fant

I was able to fix this by going to device manager, open the touch device (which should be showing a yellow explanation mark) and go to the option to revert to the earliest version. Some people have reported success with just hitting update to get the latest version. My surface 2 is working again!