What's new

TouchCover / TypeCover 2 not working any more

mamama888

hi
i own a surface pro 1, a touchcover 1 and a typecover 2. both are not working any more on my surface since yesterday.
when i connect the typecover 2 the keyboard illumination works - but that's it. not a single key is working...
i tried to remove all drivers and reinstall the drivers from the downloadable package - but still no reaction on none of the covers...

anyone experienced the same problem? is it possible that the connector on the bottom of the surface is damaged?

CrippsCorner

Sorry if this sounds obvious but have you tried turning the Surface off, disconnecting the Cover, turning it back on again, and then reconnecting?

a18041967

hi
i own a surface pro 1, a touchcover 1 and a typecover 2. both are not working any more on my surface since yesterday.
when i connect the typecover 2 the keyboard illumination works - but that's it. not a single key is working...
i tried to remove all drivers and reinstall the drivers from the downloadable package - but still no reaction on none of the covers...

anyone experienced the same problem? is it possible that the connector on the bottom of the surface is damaged?

Having just purchased a Surface Pro ( not the Pro 2 ) I was wondering if the new Type 2 case works with the older Pro devices, your post indicates that they do, is this correct?

Thanks

olimjj

Having just purchased a Surface Pro ( not the Pro 2 ) I was wondering if the new Type 2 case works with the older Pro devices, your post indicates that they do, is this correct?

Thanks

Yes it does. I typed this post on a SP1 with the Type 2 Keyboard.

drolem

Just do a hard reset. (Vol+ & PWR) The connector can get damaged/dirty, but that's not very common, and it's usually the cover that gets damaged. Since the light comes on, that means that there is some communication.

You can also look into Device Mangler or the System Event log for additional info on what is happening.

stephencortez

try going into device manager and uninstall the driver for the surface type keyboard. then go to action and scan for hardware changes. it should automatically reinstall the driver without you having to manually installing it yourself. then reboot. it worked for me.