What's new

Touch Zoom Desktop Experience?

DLCPhoto

Many have seen or heard about the App "Touch Zoom Desktop" and I was wondering what others' experience with it has been.

It needs to be 'side-loaded' since it's not on the official Windows App Store. The author explains it this way:

"When you install this application Windows SmartScreen may warn you that "this app might put your PC at risk (which means that we could not afford the pay Microsoft for their approval)."

I'm a little reluctant to install this, as my S3 is working extremely well, and I'd hate for some 3rd party App to potentially screw things up. So I was just wondering who here has been using it - what do you think, any problems apparent?

Thanks.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The bar is pretty low to get an App into the Store, sorry I wouldn't trust side loaded apps unless I personally knew the developer.

OP
D

DLCPhoto

The bar is pretty low to get an App into the Store, sorry I wouldn't trust side loaded apps unless I personally knew the developer.

Thanks for the advice. I have no idea what the actual dollars involved are (or in this case, yen, as I think he's in Japan), and his statement implied it was steep (or at least it would be for him).

Have you seen this YouTube Video? -

Why I Love My Microsoft Surface 3 : Ultimate Tips and Tricks

(He talks about it starting at 1 minute, 8 seconds).

That's where I learned about this App, and it really looks pretty slick, so I'd love to be able to try it out. But the trust issue is a definite concern.

tabletpro

Supporting Vendor
Hi DLCPhoto,

Touch Zoom Desktop is from the same company that makes Tablet PC Mouse (the newest sponsor on this site) I personally know Takashi the developer and he is a stand up guy all the way. The program is completely harmless and was made to test out a feature and not for profit so the cost of making it an official Windows store app was of no benefit for testing purposes. (hope that makes sense) His other apps Touch Mouse Pointer and Tablet PC Mouse both have Microsoft's official seal of approval.

OP
D

DLCPhoto

Hi DLCPhoto,

Touch Zoom Desktop is from the same company that makes Tablet PC Mouse (the newest sponsor on this site) I personally know Takashi the developer and he is a stand up guy all the way. The program is completely harmless and was made to test out a feature and not for profit so the cost of making it an official Windows store app was of no benefit for testing purposes. (hope that makes sense) His other apps Touch Mouse Pointer and Tablet PC Mouse both have Microsoft's official seal of approval.
Thanks for this. Will give it a try in the near future. Looks like it could really come in handy.