What's new

Touch gestures in Internet Explorer or Edge in Windows 10?

Chris Stephen

Hi.

Are there any touch gestures in Internet Explorer or Edge in Windows 10 yet? I'd like to be able to swipe web pages back and forward in Windows 10 like I'm able to in Windows 8.1 using the MUI version of IE. I mainly use my Surface Pro 3 in tablet mode while surfing.

If not, are there any plugins or workarounds available?

Thanks!

Last edited:

seyclone

Hi.

Are there any touch gestures in Internet Explorer or Edge in Windows 10 yet? I'd like to be able to swipe web pages back and forward in Windows 10 like I'm able to in Windows 8.1 using the MUI version of IE. I mainly use my Surface Pro 3 in tablet mode while surfing.

If not, are there any plugins or workarounds available?

Thanks!
Based on my experience with both WIN-8 and WIN-10 I think the problem lies in the apps themselves. I regularly go to the NYTimes web site using Chrome. Chrome allow all kind of touch gestures - sliding screen objects horizontally or vertically - almost as smoothly as IOS. Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer just sit there, dumb and happy. Try nytimes.com using Chrome. You'll see what I mean.
By the way, the folks that developed Edge didn't understand the concept of Plug-ins.