What's new

To those upgrading from SP3 --> SP4, what will you do with your old one?

r0b123

I don't recall MS stores, or Best Buy will take trade ins, but I would consider it if the offer was right. But since my folks need a new system, I'll be giving them my SP3.

seems like I can always find a friend or family member who needs a device, gonna sell my sp3 and surface 3. Im finding the surface pro screen to be the minimum size that I want.

CrippsCorner

Microsoft UK will give you a whopping £100 off if you trade in your SP3 for an SP4! :eek:

CeX will give you between £229 - £333 dependant on model.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Microsoft UK will give you a whopping £100 off if you trade in your SP3 for an SP4! :eek:

CeX will give you between £229 - £333 dependant on model.
That's ridiculous!.. IF I was going to upgrade (and I'm almost certainly not) I would sell on ebay or possibly gumtree (not sure if that's an international thing so if not it's like craigslist).

I have sold expensive things on ebay before, and not had a problem. it is quite nerve wracking though!

EBay. Already have an s3 as a backup and 2 nexus tablets to back that up.

This. Have a search agent for the past two weeks so I know the range that mine will go for. As soon as I have a tracking # for the SP4 I'll put my 512GB SP3 up, start uninstalling programs, do a disk image and backup data both.