What's new

Tiny menu fonts

mikecox

I cannot read the tiny fonts in the drop down menus.

I run Adobe Lightroom on my Surface Book and have been able to adjust the font size of the program's panels in Preferences but that does not affect the fonts the program's menus, which are so tiny that I need to activate the Magnifier to read.

I have checked the Display Settings in Windows and moved the slider in the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to 250%. I've also changed the Font size in Advanced Settings, but that doesn't seem to affect the fonts size in the drop down menus in Lightroom.

Is there a way to increase the size of these fonts so I don't have to keep activating the Magnifier?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum mike

So far as I am aware, it is the responsibility of the program developers to design their applications to scale on high DPI screens. Given the prevelance of such screens, they're taking an awfully long time!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I cannot read the tiny fonts in the drop down menus.

I run Adobe Lightroom on my Surface Book and have been able to adjust the font size of the program's panels in Preferences but that does not affect the fonts the program's menus, which are so tiny that I need to activate the Magnifier to read.

I have checked the Display Settings in Windows and moved the slider in the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to 250%. I've also changed the Font size in Advanced Settings, but that doesn't seem to affect the fonts size in the drop down menus in Lightroom.

Is there a way to increase the size of these fonts so I don't have to keep activating the Magnifier?
Are you using CC Suite or an older version? If you are using CC Suite you can enable "Surface Mode" which will help, if it is an older version there isn't much you can do except lowing the resolution to 1080p as the older versions don't support high DPI screens.

I loaded CS6 on my new Surface Book and had the same experience; even dumbing down the resolution didn't make it legible. Since it is a Christmas present (along with a 27in monitor) I can't really play with it too much. Will try it with the monitor come Christmas day.

MaxBuck

There's a boatload of software that doesn't play well with high-res displays, Adobe Acrobat, Quickbooks and AutoCAD being front and center among the offenders. The screen on the SP4 is lovely, but my work laptop with the "crappy" HD screen resolution (1366 x 768) works a lot better with a broader array of software. MS and program developers need to work this out pronto.