What's new

Thumb Keyboard Vanished on Onscreen Keyboard

jackh

On my SP 2 512 4300 my Thumb Keyboard option has vanished as a choice in my onscreen keyboard and also the size of the keyboard has shrunk to only about 2/3rds of the bottom of the screen and nothing I do seems to be able to correct either problem --Ie trying to grab a corner to enlarge it etc. I can drag it around the screen but can't enlarge it---

Any ideas how to correct these issues?

Thanks!!

Jack

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Have you installed the Intel Reference Driver or another driver or software prior to the change? Have you changed the DPI?

OP
J

jackh

Have you installed the Intel Reference Driver or another driver or software prior to the change? Have you changed the DPI?

Jeff Yes I have installed the Intel reference driver but I did that back when I first got the 512 --I also have a 256 4200 with the same Intel driver and no problem there--

No I have not changed the DPI and both Pro's have exactly the same settings--

No other drivers or software prior to the change either

Jack

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Uninstall the driver and reboot and allow plug and play to reinstall and see if it fixes it. Another option is from an elevated CMD Prompt run sfc.exe /scannow and see if it fixes any core system files that have been corrupted.

OP
J

jackh

Uninstall the driver and reboot and allow plug and play to reinstall and see if it fixes it. Another option is from an elevated CMD Prompt run sfc.exe /scannow and see if it fixes any core system files that have been corrupted.

Ok did both no difference--

Jack

OP
J

jackh

Sounds like you might want to try and a refresh or reset....

I don't think it's worth it just to try to fix the Onscreen keyboard as I mostly use my Type Cover 2 --But it would be nice to find some other solution that might work!

Thanks for your Help...

Jack