What's new

Three to Four Hour Battery Life

hadrian

Hi guys,

I have been trying to figure out how to get the most out of my battery but can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I sometimes charge my unit twice a day to keep it going. It lasts a maximum of four hours, usually THREE hrs. And no there is nothing unusual running in the background. All I do is browsing. Perhaps it could be described as heavy browsing---I stream, search, have up to 20 tabs open at once.

However, because of speed dial, adblock and a few other extensions I use chrome. Can chrome truly be cutting three hours to four hours of battery life? Does anyone have a problem with IE and extensions.

Also, my CPU temp patterns. While browsing on battery I am at 43 degrees to 61 ish when streaming. When on AC I'm at 50 to 70 degrees. Can anyone confirm that they have the same scenario?

I would greatly appreciate some help as I am trying to figure out how best to use the machine. Thanks for your help and time in reading this; I know it might be annoying to answer repeat questions

OP
H

hadrian

Chrome cuts the battery life almost by half? Are you sure, that sounds extreme

What do people do with a functionless IE?

leeshor

Why do you consider IE as functionless?

There are other browser options that won't suck the life out of your battery. There have been reports that the latest version solves the battery drain issue but I have doubts.

OP
H

hadrian

I was under the impression speed dial and adblock are not possible on IE...and I am still skeptical, is chrome that much a hog?

leeshor

There was a time when Firefox was considered THE memory hog, it still is, but where my customers use both Chrome and Firefox Chrome leaves Firefox in the dust where memory use is concerned, and as far as I know it still eats battery for lunch.

Maximus3D

Do you have to uninstall Chrome from your system to cut down on the batteryusage or is it enough not to run Chrome ?

Opera requires very little systemresources to run smoothly, and it's a fast solid browser.

/ Magnus

leeshor

Just don't run it, however Chrome wants to run a stub in memory, but it is small and won't use much battery, unless you also use Hangouts.