What's new

They just did a DEMO of the Touch First Office at BUILD 2014

benjitek

Which video is it? There seems to be a live stream and then a bunch of previous ones you can select -- none of which mention Office in the description :-(

benjitek

It's a currently live stream, so I think what was '2/3 of the way through' is some other fraction ;-) Gave up -- will wait for clips to start appearing elsewhere, if you see one, post a link here...

I did find some screen shots from the demo, looks like they just showed a peek of PowerPoint. Hopefully the final release will look better, as-is it looks like they just spread the existing toolbar buttons further apart.

Last edited:
Yes very cool. But I think that may have Microsoft "cheated". Once PowerPoint got past the file selection dialog (which looked VERY ModUI), it stopped looking like a ModUI app.... at least none that I've ever seen. So either they will be tweaking the ModUI elements in a future release, or they're using custom/private controls.

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Windows 8.1/RT Update 1 updates the WinRT APIs to the same as Windows Phone 8.1....

FFX

Windows 8.1/RT Update 1 updates the WinRT APIs to the same as Windows Phone 8.1....

So this will make cross platform store apps possible?
BTW, will the Surface RT/2 receive the fast swipe keyboard, Cortana and the ability to store apps on the sdcard like Windows Phones can do in 8.1?

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Cortana is supposed to eventually end up across all systems (rumor). The 95% API Parity allows Apps to be coded once and compiled for x86, x64, ARM RT, ARM Phone and Xbox One.