What's new

Tegra 3 5th Battery Saving Core...

GreatWindows

** Windows RT support still under development

If you go to the Nvidia website and read about the Tegra 3 it saids that the RT Support is still under development. lol

4-PLUS-1™ Quad-Core with a 5th Battery Saver Core** - Four plus one refers to Tegra 3’s four CPU cores, plus the fifth, battery-saver CPU core. This Variable SMP architecture enables four performance cores to be used for max burst, when needed, with each core independently and automatically enabled and disabled based on workload. The single battery-saver core (or companion core) handles low-power tasks like active standby, music, and video, and is transparent to the OS and applications.

NVIDIA DirectTouch™ * - This is a patent-pending architecture that improves touch responsiveness and reduces power consumption by offloading a portion of the touch processing onto the Tegra 3 processor.

3D Stereo Gaming* - This capability leverages the award-winning NVIDIA 3D Vision® technology to automatically, and in real-time, convert OpenGL based games and apps into Stereo 3D.

NVIDIA PRISM Display Technology* - PRISM (or Pixel Rendering Intensity and Saturation Management) reduces a mobile device’s backlight power while simultaneously enhancing the pixel color to deliver the same visual quality with substantially extended battery life.

* Not available on all devices
** Windows RT support still under development

joga

Aw: Tegra 3 5th Battery Saving Core...

Its great that MS is working on that issue but its annoying that MS released the surface without having the Job done.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

J515OP

Super Moderator
Well they can either ship or not. No tech comes 100% ready to go out of the box these days especially not first gen. We would be waiting forever in that case because tech specs are a moving target.

joga

Aw: Tegra 3 5th Battery Saving Core...

Yes, but releasing a device which is not ready can do a lot of harm.

The surface now is much more responding and faster then at the release day.

I don't care about about reviews, but there are a lot of people out there who care.

MS did a poor job on that.

I hope MS can finalize the optimization in an acceptable time frame. The surface is great and it deserve more.

joga
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Sin

The reviews, if you can even call most of them that, would not have changed even if the Surface was perfect out of the gate. I don't believe that the authors of most of the reviews even used the Surface. They were going to write a negative review regardless of the how good the Surface is. Most of the reviews never even mention most of the features that set the Surface apart. I agree that Microsoft could have done a better job on the marketing by highlighting the unique features, which would have made the oversights of many reviews a bit more obvious, but unfortunately they didn't. Time will improve that, but Microsoft could have done a better job on the marketing.