What's new

Taking notes with SB

BearFlag

I've been taking notes on the SB and although it's not too bad, I still think it's definitely not as smooth as using a pen and paper. I tried calibrating the pen in the Windows settings but it didn't really make a difference. Additionally I went to the Apple Store and looked at the new iPad Pro with the pen and I thought that note taking felt smoother on the iPad Pro.

What has you experience been? Has anyone else compared it to the iPad Pro?

Also do you think these pen tips might make a difference?
Buy Surface Pen Tip Kit - Microsoft Store

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've been taking notes on the SB and although it's not too bad, I still think it's definitely not as smooth as using a pen and paper. I tried calibrating the pen in the Windows settings but it didn't really make a difference. Additionally I went to the Apple Store and looked at the new iPad Pro with the pen and I thought that note taking felt smoother on the iPad Pro.

What has you experience been? Has anyone else compared it to the iPad Pro?

Also do you think these pen tips might make a difference?
Buy Surface Pen Tip Kit - Microsoft Store
What are you using for note taking? As far as tips are concerned I use HB. I use Drawboard, OneNote 2016 and Mobile...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I use OneNote 2016. Again, it's not bad but not as smooth as pen and paper or the iPad Pro I tested.
Turn off Pressure Sensitivity and see if that helps also using a thicker pen (medium (circled below) is the best for my needs).

upload_2016-3-19_10-30-20.png

Also OneNote Mobile is a better inking experience.