What's new

Surface Tweak Tool for Surface Pro 2 - Release!

jackh

Ok! Lots of reading after, this version should be good.
-> Dependency problem should be fixed, but I need people to test this.
-> You can now scale the window.
-> Program is DPI aware (doesn't scale large by default, but you can manually scale the window and everything will go big)
-> Warning about calibration not working with Wacom Feel Driver added
-> Improved descriptions of options.

Download: http://www.nvgpupro.com/surfacetweaktool/Surface_Tweak_Tool.zip
This is version 1.0.0.297

IF you want to uninstall how do you do it?

jack

OP
G

GoodBytes

IF you want to uninstall how do you do it?
Just delete the files. Any changes done by the program, will remain. So if you want to undo, switch back the option before deleting the software, and if you forgot what it was before, click on "restore to default". Please note that "restore to default" only affects the current section you are in, and does not clear the pen calibration.

Max91

I'm having another issue: if I turn on the last Intel tweak (maximize performance) after reboot I found it turned off again.

(using your last release)

Question: If a make the calibration in landscape, than I rotate in portrait mode and make the calibration again, will it overwrite the previous calibration or create a "second profile"?

Last edited:
OP
G

GoodBytes

I'm having another issue: if I turn on the last Intel tweak (maximize performance) after reboot I found it turned off again.
Hmm yes, I notice this too. Looks like the drivers are overriding this, blocking it from being applied. Perhaps this is Microsoft doing to reduce system heat.
After digging, I can't seam to by-pass this.
I guess I'll have to remove this option.

Question: If a make the calibration in landscape, than I rotate in portrait mode and make the calibration again, will it overwrite the previous calibration or create a "second profile"?
It will not work. You'll reset your settings (clearing all your previous calibration), and then when it comes to selecting a calibration mode, you'll get an error from Windows calibration tool.

Last edited:
OP
G

GoodBytes

New Version
-> Resolution and orientation check before calibration starts, to make sure it will work before starting the process.
-> Removal of 'Maximize performance when plugged in' because the drivers overrides the value.
-> Typo fixed.
-> Minor GUI bug fix.

Download: http://www.nvgpupro.com/surfacetweaktool/Surface_Tweak_Tool.zip
This is version 1.0.0.300

Link on main page has been added back.

Last edited:

Max91

Good job mate!
What does NEGATIVE value in wear level mean?

Some suggestion:
1) Add a button to get back from calibration window
2) add some more description of functions in "intel integrated graphics tweaks" (as you have already done in "System tweaks")

OP
G

GoodBytes

Good job mate!
What does NEGATIVE value in wear level mean?
Thanks!
It means that the battery is discharging (loosing the amount of power). When you have the device plugged in, it will charge the battery, and that value will turn into a positive value.
When the system is fully charged at 100%, and remains plugged in, that value will display 0mV, as the battery is not receiving any power or being in use to reduce it.

Some suggestion:
1) Add a button to get back from calibration window
Good idea.

2) add some more description of functions in "intel integrated graphics tweaks" (as you have already done in "System tweaks")
The descriptions, beside the first and last option, is the same of what Intel says on their control panel. So I can't explain things I don't know the inner-working off, or if I do, like HDMI underscan, it will be a nice reading for an option, and just end up sounding like a rant on how HDMI is moronic connector that should not exists, because it's very poorly made, especially that the age old DVI and the "new" (more than 6 years old) DisplayPort don't have issues with monitors and TVs, old or new. It just works. And considering that HDMI has really high royalty fees, which increase cost of devices with such connector, and cables, it's not acceptable at all.

Last edited:

Max91

Thanks!
It means that the battery is discharging (loosing the amount of power). When you have the device plugged in, it will charge the battery, and that value will turn into a positive value.
When the system is fully charged at 100%, and remains plugged in, that value will display 0mV, as the battery is not receiving any power or being in use to reduce it.
I was referring to the % value: it shows -1% for me

OP
G

GoodBytes

Oh sorry.
Well that is not supposed to happen.
What value do you have for "Full charged capacity" and "Designed capacity"?

I am thinking either there is a bug in the software, or the above numbers are incorrect or can't retrieve it, or you have a super new battery, where it's soo new and so awesome that 0% wear level doesn't give it justice.

Last edited: