What's new

Surface team uses... Surface

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is very good although I think generally speaking eating your own dog food, as they call it, sometimes leads to acquiring a taste for it to the exclusion of, in the metaphor, fine dining. Sampling the full cuisine menu keeps you aware of the larger world.

kristalsoldier

That is very good although I think generally speaking eating your own dog food, as they call it, sometimes leads to acquiring a taste for it to the exclusion of, in the metaphor, fine dining. Sampling the full cuisine menu keeps you aware of the larger world.

True, but in this instance, I am not sure this applies.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
A promotional video talking about how the development team use the device because it is that good. Hmmm. I'm sure there couldn't possibly be any shenanigans going on. That's like a video of a McDonalds executive eating a McDonalds burger. Doesn't mean bugger all.

kodos

I really hope they are using their own devices - because it would be impossible for them to live with some of the bugs in the device without wanting to fix them themselves! Living with a product 24 hours a day to the point it meets your satisfaction is the only way to make sure it is ready for consumers.

Liam2349

It's good, because hopefully it makes bugs more obvious, and they see for themselves what's good and bad, and how to improve it.

I don't know who it was, but on the reddit live Q&A with Panos Panay and the rest of the team, one of their engineers wrote a few thousand words about Wacom vs N-trig because people were worried about pressure sensitivity. Long story short, he concluded that one isn't better than the other, and it's all dependent on how they implement it.

It was really cool to see one of their engineers speaking so honestly, or at least it appeared honest, and helping to address one of my personal concerns.