What's new

Surface Pro will not turn on no matter what methods applied

andytran8894

So my surface pro was installing windows update, after it finished. The device seem to startup again after the update as it shown surface pro logo. But then, the display went blank. Sometimes I can feel the windows logo at the bottom is still vibrate when I touch it, but sometimes it does not.
1) I had followed some suggestions that I've found on Google, like press the power button and volume up at the same time and hold them for 20 seconds, release them and press the power button once. (Tried many times, but no response at all, screen never flash whatsoever. It's stay blank with no light all the time)
2) I also tried hold the power button for 10 seconds or more, release and then press the power button once, but still no visible sign even the laptop is fully charged.

If anyone can please help me on this one, I am so thankful for that (I'm not a computer noob afterall, ( 9+ years dealing with computers and been through many different problems)

ScottyS

2) I also tried hold the power button for 10 seconds or more, release and then press the power button once, but still no visible sign even the laptop is fully charged. ...
Sorry to hear of your problem; nothing worse than a dead Surface.

If it's on with a blank screen, you need to hold the power button down for a lot more than 10 seconds to force a shut down. I'd say 20-30 seconds is the time needed. If you can sometimes feel the haptic Windows logo on the bezel vibrate, it means it is on.

It also sounds like you're not doing the Two Button Reboot right.
"2-button reboot procedure: press and hold the volume up button for at least 15 seconds, then press power button while still holding the volume up, and then release the volume up and it will start."

Do you have a recovery drive on a USB drive? Sounds like you may need to restore it. Other option is if there's a MS store nearby you can bring it to.

CrippsCorner

Yup I had similar (though I could still see the booting Surface logo) and I had to shove Windows 10 on it again via a USB stick. Try and get hold of another computer and download from there... really sucks, but it's been fine ever since.