What's new

Surface Pro Type Cover

ChongKT

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with my Surface Pro Type Cover. When I pressed the letter"J", it comes out "5j;", pressed "Q" and it comes out "qrf", press "Del" and it comes out the number zero. Majority of the keys are fine with their own letter.

The type cover buttons are fine when I pressed it, it's not jam or choke with dust.
The type cover magnetic strip is connected well to the surface pro.
Used the restored settings but the issue still persist.

Is there any issue with the type cover or settings from the surface pro machine?

Thanks.

strollin

I don't think any settings will fix that, sounds like your Type Cover is defective. You should be able to get it replaced under warranty.

OP
C

ChongKT

Is already out of warranty. It was fine until recently(about 2 days ago) that started to have this problem.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm wondering if some keys just got reprogrammed/corrupted somehow.
Not sure if you meant you did a Refresh of the Surface or just tried going to a restore point?
Any chance you could try a different keyboard or your keyboard on a different Surface?

Wayne Orwig

Is there any issue with the type cover or settings from the surface pro machine?

I assume you did a simple reset. (since you did a restore, you likely did).
My original keyboard flamed out. They are very fragile, considering the cost. And it was well out of warranty.
Not a happy camper.

CrippsCorner

Did you do any kind of update recently with the keyboard attached? Sometimes that can bugger them up... if you're willing to do so, reinstalling updates or even a refresh with the keyboard not attached helping is a slim possibility.

Personally, I'd take mine into a retail store and try it with another Surface to see what happens.

drolem

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with my Surface Pro Type Cover. When I pressed the letter"J", it comes out "5j;", pressed "Q" and it comes out "qrf", press "Del" and it comes out the number zero. Majority of the keys are fine with their own letter.

The type cover buttons are fine when I pressed it, it's not jam or choke with dust.
The type cover magnetic strip is connected well to the surface pro.
Used the restored settings but the issue still persist.
I think it's probably a SW issue. Try a hard reset while the type cover is not attached.