What's new

Surface Pro - intermittent pen inaccuracy when hand is on the screen

Chris_NH

I borrowed this title from a very long thread (see link below) started by IanHoover on the Microsoft Community forum. There are also several videos on YouTube related to this issue. Is anyone here experiencing this problem with their 2017 Surface Pro and Pen? In my case, the ink offset (parallax correction error) occurs when my palm is resting on my 2017 Surface Pro touch screen and I touch any metal part of my surface. It seems that the 2017 Surface cannot always correctly detect the angle of the pen. The result is very frustrating, and certainly not the state-of-the-art inking experience I expected.

Surface Pro - intermittent pen inaccuracy when hand is on the screen

Surfacer100

I have exactly the same problem and I don't know what to do now... mine is now useless in classes but my classmates with apple pencil work very smoothly... i don't know why in the heavens I got the surface

dunsky

No it's not . First I also thought so but when you are not holding the tablet or not touching metal back with your second hand you will have same issue.

inmnbob

No it's not . First I also thought so but when you are not holding the tablet or not touching metal back with your second hand you will have same issue.

Has the recent firmware update fix this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk