What's new

Surface Pro 7+ vs Surface Pro 8?

DavidZ

I just unboxed my new SP8. Where do you put the pen when you're using it as a tablet? I was hoping that it would have a side magnet like the SP7 and prior, but it doesn't.

Last edited:

DavidZ

Did you get a Type Cover with it? I keep mine in the tray
The type cover and pen are being shipped to me and should arrive tomorrow. The problem is that I use the SP as a tablet a lot. In tablet mode, the pen is more accurate than my finger for selecting tiny icons. The keyboard could be in the closet or in another room. It was nice being able to attach the pen to the tablet.

DavidZ

Has anyone been getting blue screens? I believe Windows 11 has done that to both my devices.
My SP8 came with Win 11 installed and it's been pretty solid so far. Although, I just got it, so I haven't used it much. Installed a ton of updates last night.

macster

Has anyone been getting blue screens? I believe Windows 11 has done that to both my devices.
I would check device manager and see if there are any indications there. It would be nice to have a list of programs that you are using when this happens. BTW, if you are using Chrome dump it. I can't believe what I just typed but it's true Edge is much better as a matter of fact I took Chrome off of all my PC's and my daughter's new build also. Edge is for real.

M~

DavidZ

...if you are using Chrome dump it. I can't believe what I just typed but it's true Edge is much better as a matter of fact I took Chrome off of all my PC's and my daughter's new build also. Edge is for real.

M~
You're in the decided minority. Chrome has about 65% to 70% market share, while Edge has about 8%.

I switched to Chrome on my home and office desktops a few years ago. I find it to be rock solid. I keep a lot of windows open on my browser and Chrome is solid. I switched from IE 11 because it kept freezing and slowing on me. Chrome fixed that.

On my SP4 and SP8, I stayed away from Chrome because I heard that it's a resource hog. That doesn't bother me on my desktops, but on my SP's it chews up battery time.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're in the decided minority. Chrome has about 65% to 70% market share, while Edge has about 8%.

I switched to Chrome on my home and office desktops a few years ago. I find it to be rock solid. I keep a lot of windows open on my browser and Chrome is solid. I switched from IE 11 because it kept freezing and slowing on me. Chrome fixed that.

On my SP4 and SP8, I stayed away from Chrome because I heard that it's a resource hog. That doesn't bother me on my desktops, but on my SP's it chews up battery time.
The reason you don't want to use Chrome is Google. Eventually, people will wise up, and privacy matters.