What's new

Surface Pro 4 streaming lag?

Sc0tchW4rr10r

Hello all,

So I've been rummaging through the Internet, or trying at least to find anyone bringing up an issue I have with my Surface, but I continue to come up short. So here I am, hoping to get some insight. When I stream movies online, you can see an obvious lag occur every several seconds, whether plugged into a monitor or on the Surface itself. I never run other applications when doing so, but it doesn't seem to matter. I have the i5/8GB RAM/256GB model, and have heard other people having flawless streaming with theirs. Thanks in advance for any help!

OP
S

Sc0tchW4rr10r

Firefox, Chrome, Edge- all lags the same.

Depending on the website, it's typically flash videos, but going that in depth would seem odd wouldn't it? That is, considering others have no issue of lag when streaming.

Philtastic

When you play a video, what programs are using a lot of CPU according to Task Manager? Do you have any antivirus, antimalware, antispyware programs installed?

OP
S

Sc0tchW4rr10r

I think you're focused on the wrong thing. I can have multiple applications running on an ASUS laptop that has the i5 processor, running Windows 10, and stream flawlessly. But I make sure everything on my Surface is closed fully before trying to stream a movie, yet it still hiccups.