What's new

Surface Pro 4 Reviews

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
You utter so and so greyfox! I'm halfway through a chapter on legal systems I need to read for tomorrow and suddenly you've made me reprioritise everything g for the next hour or so :) anandtech first me thinks.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
7 hours or less of battery life remains the deal breaker for me; just can't have it.

The o my benchmark from anandtech with less than 7 was under heavy usage. As is perfectly understandable. Everywhere else they're see I g closer to 8. Sure, there are better machines, but this kind of battery in a device its size is exceptional to me. But if you need battery then you probably want something more conventional.

Amazing reading anandtech, and then the tripe of a review from Engadget. How some jouralists find a job I'll never know.

CrippsCorner

Would still be my choice over the Surface Book I think; just suits me more.

Funny that The Verge gave the SP4 the same score that the SP3 got... does that mean it's not much of an improvement, or that we should have been expecting more?

Compusmurf

Amazing reading anandtech, and then the tripe of a review from Engadget. How some jouralists find a job I'll never know.

Why must you assume they are TRAINED journalists? Seems more and more, they "hire" off the street folks who don't know anything about journalism, no experience writing, lousy editorial staff, zero proofreading capabilities and many have lousy grammar skills.

The ole "thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters" issue.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why must you assume they are TRAINED journalists? Seems more and more, they "hire" off the street folks who don't know anything about journalism, no experience writing, lousy editorial staff, zero proofreading capabilities and many have lousy grammar skills.

I never assumed they were trained. I am question I g why a large company would hire someone that is going to harness the companies credibility. I'm sure there are thousands of professionals who'd like that job and ha e the skillls to write a fair critical analysis of a product.

WildKarrde

I just can't agree with those reviews... I can do most of my gaming on my SP2 if I needed to, and I can do ALL my productivity work, including video editing, Photoshopping, Solidworks, Catia, etc.... I don't own a laptop, my SP2 does it all, and does it better than any laptop I've ever owned, including the dedicated gaming ones.

jrioux

Yeap, they must be less expensive than those writing robots at this point.