What's new

Surface Pro 4 Pen not working

AlexaDL

So, as I’ve up on how to fix this problem. I’ve already replaced the battery with a new one. I’ve updated the drivers on my surface 3. It’s updated to the latest Windows 10 update so I don’t know what’s going on. It will work fine for an hour or so and then just go on and off between working and not working. The top button works with opening the weather and my art program. I’ve disabled then enabled the pen back. It’s connecting via Bluetooth to my surface ,but it keeps on not responding.

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem? All I can think of is getting the pen that is more compatible with my Surface 3.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So, as I’ve up on how to fix this problem. I’ve already replaced the battery with a new one. I’ve updated the drivers on my surface 3. It’s updated to the latest Windows 10 update so I don’t know what’s going on. It will work fine for an hour or so and then just go on and off between working and not working. The top button works with opening the weather and my art program. I’ve disabled then enabled the pen back. It’s connecting via Bluetooth to my surface ,but it keeps on not responding.

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem? All I can think of is getting the pen that is more compatible with my Surface 3.
This sounds weird but it works most of the time, pull out the nib (pen tip) and put it back in, it resets the pen.

Plantje

Will try that too, because I have this too at times. Also with a Surface 3 with a Surface Pro 4 pen.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So, I did try it and it worked for a day and it went back.
Do you know anyone with a Surface that you can test or take the pen to a retail store that sells the devices? It sounds like a faulty pen (worse case scenario is a faulty digitizer but that's more unlikely).

OP
A

AlexaDL

Do you know anyone with a Surface that you can test or take the pen to a retail store that sells the devices? It sounds like a faulty pen (worse case scenario is a faulty digitizer but that's more unlikely).
I hope it isn’t since I got the darn thing from Best Buy. I’ll see if my friend could let me test the pen on her Surface. I really hope I didn’t spend 60 bucks on a faulty pen.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I hope it isn’t since I got the darn thing from Best Buy. I’ll see if my friend could let me test the pen on her Surface. I really hope I didn’t spend 60 bucks on a faulty pen.
You should be able to exchange it...