What's new

Surface Pro 4 - In Warranty - Standard Exchange or Microsoft Store

loguicito

What is the standard turn around time when you send you Surface Pro 4 (i4/8GB/256GB) for replacement? Due to:

- Light bleeding from the top of the screen
- Loose power button that rattles and it's loose

What do you get back as a replacement? a Like New Surface Pro 4? Or is it a refurbished device that shows signs of use? My surface is almost brand new now, so I am afraid I will get something worse than what I have.

As another option, is it possible to go to the Microsoft store an do a warranty exchange there instead of going through the process of sending it to Texas? My Surface Pro 4 is the most standard one i5/8GB/256GB, so I would assume they should have one in stock for replacement.

Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks

OP
L

loguicito

Take it back to the store - that is your best bet....

Mine is 3 months old (well the Microsoft warranty says it's only 1 month old), but it's in brand new condition, I hope they will do the exchange at the store, I will try tomorrow

Philtastic

You have a year-worth of warranty by default. If, within a year, a component fails and it's not obvious that you did something to cause it (eg. screen is smashed causing it not to work), they should be able to replace it in store.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Mine is 3 months old (well the Microsoft warranty says it's only 1 month old), but it's in brand new condition, I hope they will do the exchange at the store, I will try tomorrow
The light bleed will get you nowhere in the store as most IPS screens have it, but the loose power button should do the ticket assuming no damage...

OP
L

loguicito

Yesterday I went to my local Microsoft Store, the service was AMAZING, super fast, they opened a brand new device, gave me time to test it and be fully satisfied before leaving the store, great service, I am glad Microsoft has stepped up the game, thanks to all