What's new

Surface Pro 3 with Type Cover driver issue

SlashTag

So I'm having a very weird error and I can't seem to fix it.

I just bought a SP3 and the Surface Pro Type Cover (the one specifically made for the SP3). Both were purchased at the Microsoft Store.

My Type Cover is working fine, but I wanted to turn of the tap-to-click on the touchpad, so I went to PC Settings -> Mouse and Touchpad Settings, but I am not seeing Touchpad settings, only mouse settings. They should be there.

Additionally, when I go to Device Manager and go to "Other Devices", I am greeted with this image: http://gyazo.com/b25f76341d0e7e6bb44d04b8bbe8cabc

I've tried the following but none seemed to work:

Uninstalled the device in device manager, restarted and plugged the type cover back in.
Went through Microsoft's Type Cover troubleshooting guide.
Shutdown Surface, held power and volume up button for 15+ seconds, then waited 10 seconds, then turned the Surface back on.

It's just a minor annoyance, but there is definitely something wrong.

If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If that store is fairly convenient id take both there, find out which one is bad, and walk out with it fixed or replaced.

OP
S

SlashTag

I tested it with another keyboard (my Dad picked a Surface up at the same time I did) and his works as intended. Definitely a defective keyboard. I'll take it back to the store tomorrow. Thanks.

malberttoo

I tested it with another keyboard (my Dad picked a Surface up at the same time I did) and his works as intended. Definitely a defective keyboard. I'll take it back to the store tomorrow. Thanks.

Welcome SlashTag, let us know what happens.