What's new

Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 update now 'Undoing changes made to your computer'

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
As title says I've got a well used Surface pro 3 which was working perfectly fine until yesterday when I came down in the morning to see the above message on the screen. I left it to do it's thing came down at lunchtime (from working from home upstairs) to find it still saying the same, then occasionally flashing the Surface screen before going back to it.

Is this a known problem with a recent update, as I'd shut it down the night before to let it install updates. Or could my venerable and very well serving 2014 Surface Pro finally be on it's way out?

PS Haven't been on here for AGES as Ive had no issues with either of my Surface Pro devices until now- fantastic things :)

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you have any luck with this , I've just bought a pro3 and any information is key.
I sorted it out finally at the weekend. Tried every kind of recover didn't work...tried Linux boot from USB and it worked fine. Retried windows from USB and it looped again....in the end the culprit was an SD card in the slot!! I'd forgotten about it. It only contained music but it stopped windows recovering. Shame I had wiped everything before I discovered that. I was really sad when I thought the pro3 might actually be dead!! But it lives on.