What's new

Surface pro 3 will have an i5-4300U processor, should I wait for the i7?

The I-5 in the SP2 seems to do everything I need it to plus play some games, actually on battery I have it running at max 75% to save power. If I were planning on having it plugged in a lot I would get the I-7 but since Im all about mobility the I-5 does the job.

mtalinm

16:9 is great for landscape reading

who reads in landscape? I read in portrait whenever possible.

just wish they would hurry up and ship the i7. if there's really no battery penalty as Panos says -- though he is prone to exaggerate -- then that's the one I want.

Klownicle

I just don't think the i7 is worth it when its still only a dual core. Coming down to battery life, the HD4600 is almost as strong as the HD5000 and has better battery life in tests. While the i5 is higher clocked than the i7 by default, the i7 is just a smidge faster. 10-15% over the i5.

Coming from the i5 256GB @ $1300, is it really worth $300 (I know its $250, but tax...) MORE for an i7? I choose not.

Unrelated; its nice to hear that they are going to try and push up the date for the i3/i7 models.

Saul

Unrelated; its nice to hear that they are going to try and push up the date for the i3/i7 models.

I do hope that's not just for US citizens...
There's many other countries which have a relatively high % of the pop, with highly disposable incomes.

Last edited:

MoggSquad

That's my debate. I'd like to do gaming on this. My SP2 with 4gb did well with games like League of Legends and Dark Souls 2, but would be nice to add the HD5000. Maybe squeeze something like Battlefield when on the road.

I just don't think the i7 is worth it when its still only a dual core. Coming down to battery life, the HD4600 is almost as strong as the HD5000 and has better battery life in tests. While the i5 is higher clocked than the i7 by default, the i7 is just a smidge faster. 10-15% over the i5.

Coming from the i5 256GB @ $1300, is it really worth $300 (I know its $250, but tax...) MORE for an i7? I choose not.