The device I received as a gift today
Operated device .. and worked as normal ... and I worked error in settings
And I decided to Formate the device
It walked normally and that the process has stop on the 23%
Then the machine became stuck
I decided TO Shut down the device from the power button
And operate the machine again .. but

Stuck on the Perparing automatic Repair
I tried to enter TO the setup blue screen In order to do formate again and I could not do this

Shut down the machine several times, but it back to Perparing automatic Repair
And stays stuck on this automatic Repair and then Diagnosing your pc
And then works Restart ,,, By itself and come back and stuck on this automatic Repair again
and then Diagnosing your pc And then works Restart .

please help me

Liam2349

Either take it to a Microsoft store - judging by your English I guess you are not American, so there probably aren't any in your country.

So your only way to fix this would be to get Windows 8 on a bootable USB, boot to the USB and restore or clean install Windows.

OP
A

ALI IBRAHEM

True Dear I'm from outside the United States
We do not have Microsoft store
Are pro 3 supposed to read the usb flash automatically
Or there are steps that should do it

thanks

OP
A

ALI IBRAHEM

Thank you very much for helping
But where can I get a copy of original Windows for the surface pro 3
Can I Make Recovery from another device
Because I have another device, but 256GB
In the same processor of the first device i5

malberttoo

Hi Ali,

You should use another Windows 8.1 device to make your recovery drive, because the SP3 also has Windows 8.1. I think you will have activation/ product key issues if you try to install Windows 8 (instead of 8.1) on the SP3. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Here's the instructions on how to make a recovery drive with another Windows 8.1 computer...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

Liam2349

Hi Ali,

You should use another Windows 8.1 device to make your recovery drive, because the SP3 also has Windows 8.1. I think you will have activation/ product key issues if you try to install Windows 8 (instead of 8.1) on the SP3. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Here's the instructions on how to make a recovery drive with another Windows 8.1 computer...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

As far as I am aware, this will only work with the PC it was created for. Do you know differently?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Of you can call MS support id recommend doing that to be sure them right steps are followed.
I know you can change product keys and its not mandatory to register immediately.

I worked at a support center a long time ago and we always urged customers to call us first before working themselves into a predicament they couldn't get out of and then calling. :)

malberttoo

Of you can call MS support id recommend doing that to be sure them right steps are followed.
I know you can change product keys and its not mandatory to register immediately.

I worked at a support center a long time ago and we always urged customers to call us first before working themselves into a predicament they couldn't get out of and then calling. :)

Can he get telephone support in an area that they are not selling the Surface yet? He is outside the US somewhere.

OP
A

ALI IBRAHEM

I've installed a new version of Windows 8.1
And then
I've tried a copy of Recovery But it did not work
Strangely, when I installed a new windows 8.1 I do not delete the original recovery partition
I do not know why the machine does not recognize it

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can he get telephone support in an area that they are not selling the Surface yet? He is outside the US somewhere.
That sort of depends... I don't know the rules ...some toll free numbers are international some aren't. That's something he will have to determine.

The other option would be online support either chat or via email. There might be a guide out there but most published stuff is going to cover the standard recovery which it seems we are beyond at this point so to get it right you kinda need to have done it before (recently).